I have been travelling a lot lately, so when I found Donna Hay’s Fresh and Light edition with some beautiful looking iced green tea recipes I was a very happy girl. Green tea is one of my favourite drinks and I love a nice simple recipe like this.
As Donna Hay herself says, this is the perfect R&R drink, and that is exactly what I needed!
I went with the sage and blackberry recipe, but also added some grapefruit and a tiny bit a pineapple juice… just because…
Try this for yourself, and remember you can add whatever tickles your fancy. The basic recipe is simply the tea and the apple juice served over ice, everything else is optional!
And if you can get your hands on a copy of the Donna Hay Light and Fresh magazine I seriously recommend you pick one up! It has the most amazing looking recipes in it, from quinoa porridge to raw caramel slice.
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold-pressed apple juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- juice of half a grapefruit
- 1 cup sage leaves
- 1 cup blackberries
- Place the tea bags in a jug and pour boiling water over.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to steep, then remove tea bags and either place the tea in the fridge for a couple of hours, or add some ice to cool it down.
- Add apple juice, pineapple juice and grapefruit juice then taste and adjust to your liking (add more grapefruit for a tart drink, or more apple or pineapple juice for a sweeter drink).
- Add the sage and blackberries and stir, breaking down the berries slightly.
- Serve over ice.