Ok so let me admit right up front that this is barely a recipe. It is just four ingredients thrown together and popped in the oven to make the most delicious whole roasted curry cauliflower you could ever want. For this entire recipe I used one knife, one bowl and one measuring cup. Oh and a roasting tray but that doesn’t really count does it? I didn’t even need to use a chopping board!
Ok so I cheated a little bit and used a pre-made Indian curry paste that was in my dad’s fridge because I was over at his house, but you can all do that too. If you want to get fancy and make your own curry paste, I like the look of this jalfrezi one from Jamie Oliver. But if you are going to cheat like me, then the hardest part about this recipe is waiting while it cooks because it smells so damn delicious.
But just because this is so simple, don’t be fooled into thinking it isn’t fancy enough to serve if you are having people over for dinner. I make variations of this whole roasted cauliflower just about every time I have a dinner party. Its great because it looks super impressive when you cut it open to reveal the perfect white inside of the cauliflower and also because no matter what food allergies or intolerances your friends have they will be able to eat it. It is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, nut free, the list goes on, so unless you have a friend with a crazy cauliflower allergy you will be safe.
- 1 whole cauliflower, leaves removed
- ½ cup curry paste (tandoori paste is my favourite)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (if not vegan and using tandoori paste you can use greek yoghurt instead)
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine the curry paste, coconut milk and lemon juice in a bowl
- Place the whole cauliflower into a large bowl and pour the curry mixture over, using your hands to ensure it is covered
- Place the cauliflower on the baking tray and roast for approximately 1 hour 20 mins (this will depend on the size of the cauliflower)